Thursday, June 3, 2010

Closet Clubhouse

A while back I came into the girls' bedroom to find this...
Yes, that is five pairs of little girl feet! Teagan, Brilee and their neighbor friends discovered a great place for a "secret club" - the top of their closet. Since I took these pictures they have completely decorated the place with everything from Harry Potter posters to American Girl doll cut outs to valentines from school. It's all decked out now. They have a secret club name, a secret stash of goodies, and lots of secret plans for the summer.
What really cracks me up is remembering Bruce's reaction to this very closet after our finisher had built it. He took one look and said, "What a big waste of space." It's really high since this room has a ten foot ceiling. Leave it to five cute little girls to put that problem to good use!

3 comments:

  1. That looks like it is going to keep them busy all summer! How fun is that! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun place to play. I have found my own kids in the tops of their closets, which have much less space than that! They hang and swing like monkeys from the bars and climb the shelves. I know one day it will all fall down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I remember my secret club space. It was outside in a grove of trees! Not always ideal. The girl's are growing up fast!

    ReplyDelete