Wednesday, December 2, 2009

She's Double Digits!

Yesterday Teagan turned 10! She chose to have a family party (after some bribing from her father). Teagan Malia was my only baby that came right on her due date.
I told her to give me a happy smile so she did this...
Teagan loves those Andes' chocolate mints so I made her a cake with them. It turned out fabulous! The frosting is just creme cheese, cool whip, and Andes' mint pieces. Then we decorated the top with mint curls.

Some things to know about 10 year old Teagan include: favorite kind of ice cream is chocolate chip cookie dough, fav color is purple, primary song is "Stars Were Gleeming", fav food would definitely be brownies. She loves to make brownies and cake and has gotten good enough that when she comes to me and asks if she can make a cake, I can say yes and know that she can do the whole thing from start to finish and I never have to go into the kitchen. (Still working on the clean up part without reminders though ;) Teagan loves to play with friends, ride bikes, and read as she's currently diving into the Harry Potter series. She's going through book 3 like a mouse through a block of cheese. She watches the movies after she finishes each book and says she wants to be a writer when she grows up.

She came home with a cerebrum in a ziplock bag from school a couple weeks ago. They dissected the brain of a sheep in her gifted class. I might have to secretly dispose of that thing. Hope she's not planning to keep it forever but with her you never know, lol! She also placed first in the visual arts category in her school's Reflections contest this year. Way to go Teagan, we love you!
Happy Double Digit Birthday!!!

5 comments:

  1. Happy B-day! Wow what a great kid!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no way she is 10!!! 10!! I can't believe it! Time flies by too quickly! And wow that cake sounds wonderful!! It looked great too!! Happy Birthday Teagan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake looks scrumptous, save me a piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and Happy Birthday to Teagan, I was a little distracted by the cake. lol

    ReplyDelete